The Director of Transportation is an experienced project manager who manages a design team, coordinates with clients, and leads delivery of transportation planning and/or design projects. In addition to project development and delivery responsibilities, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to manage budgets, schedules, sub consultants, teaming relationships and client interaction. The Director of Transportation will also work closely with the division VP of Professional Services to meet divisional sales goals and business metrics. They will be responsible for leading business development activities for the transportation division.
- Bachelors or Master of Engineering degree from an accredited program.
- Licensed Texas Professional Engineer (PE)
- 6+ years of work experience within the field of highway design, transportation engineering and program management.
- Knowledge of TxDOT Pre-certifications.
- Experience with and knowledge of TxDOT design and construction standards, specifications, policies, and procedures.
- Experience with TxDOT funding programs, their agreements, and associated schedules/deadlines.
- Provides positive relationships with potential clients in South and Central Texas such as TxDOT, RMA, MPO, and municipalities.