The Contract Specialist is responsible for a wide variety of procurement and contracting duties including drafting contracts, task orders, work requests and interagency agreements; preparing bidding documents and conducting bidding processes; ensuring all legal, insurance and bonding requirements are met prior to contract execution; preparing reports; recording documents; maintaining the contract log and filing system; and working with project managers to administer active contracts. The position also manages the Agency’s records. The position requires demonstrated skill in public procurement and contracting for formal and informal bidding processes and proven experience in all phases of the contract’s lifecycle. The Contracts Specialist works independently on assigned contracting tasks with general guidance from the Contracts Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or Related Field highly preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience in competitive bidding processes and preparing a variety of contract documents; writing, administering, and enforcing contracts and legal agreements.
- At manager’s discretion, a comparable amount of training and experience that provides equivalent scope of knowledge, skill and technical ability may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Pre-employment drug screen and physical required.
- Intermediate computer skills and some experience in Microsoft Office & Adobe.
- Must be a US Citizen